Athletes for Change
In partnership with Diversity in Aquatics, Truclusion leads athletes from different sports through understanding systems of discrimination and marginalization, self-awareness, and the development of skills which can influence social justice change within athletic organizations.
Days & Times
Jan 26, 2021, 4:15 PM – 4:20 PM
About the Program
Athletes for Change is a course that provides athletes with an understanding of how systemic racism and social injustice occurs in athletics and beyond. Participants will receive training on (1) facilitating groups through DEI curriculum and difficult conversations; (2) speaking about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with confidence; and (3) self-awareness and using one's self to influence change. Thanks to a generous donation by The Zac Foundation, there is no cost to enroll in this workshop.
We are seeking a diverse participant group for 2021 and encourage athletes 15 to 20-years-old of any identity(ies) and experiences to apply.
While there is no cost to participate, attendance at all four zoom classroom sessions and completion of all homework and projects are required. Participants should expect to fulfill the following time commitment:
- Dec 29 - Jan 1 | 2 hours of self-study homework
- Jan 3, 4:00-6:00pm EST | Class 1
- Jan 4 - Jan 9 | 2 hours self-study work
- Jan 10, 4:00-6:00pm EST | Class 2
- Jan 11 - Jan 17 | 1 hour self-study and 1 hour scheduled group work
- Jan 18 - Jan 23 | 1 hour self-study and 1 hour scheduled group work
- Jan 24, 4:00-6:00pm EST | Class 3
- Jan 25 - Jan 31 | 2 hours scheduled group work
- Feb 1 - Feb 6 | 3 hours of scheduled facilitation observation & practice
- Feb 7, 4:00-6:00pm EST | Class 4
At the conclusion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion.
This course is limited to 16 participants. The application process is currently open and will remain open through December 20, 2020. All applicants will hear back by December 29, 2020.